Tumeric Green Tea
Net weight: 100g
Turmeric Green Tea is an Ayurveda tea designed to help you with several benefits from turmeric, green tea, black pepper, ginger, cinnamon, and holy basil. Ayurveda medicine uses all these ingredients except for green tea for a huge number of medicines. There is hardly any side effect of the ingredients used in Turmeric Green tea unless consumed in large quantities. Turmeric, black pepper, and cinnamon with any type of milk and ghee (liquefied butter) make the famous golden milk. The benefits of golden milk are too many to discuss here and will be available in a blog soon.
Turmeric Green Tea is refreshing, herbal, and spicy in aroma and earthy -vegetal in taste. Each sachet in Turmeric Green Tea contains 2 servings, for morning and evening, The Tumeric green tea can be steeped once or twice again depending on your taste - strong, medium, or light.
The combination of turmeric green tea out- numbers benefits from most other tea in terms of health. The following is a list of benefits, some 'proven' while others 'not proven', MAY help you.
- Anti-inflammatory - Turmeric (Boswellia Serrata) is an Ayurvedic medicine used in treating inflammation both - inside and out. The anti-inflammatory properties MAY provide relief to patients of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, stiffness of joints, and infections. A new study has found that turmeric (Haldi) may also help treat chronic joint pains like knee osteoarthritis.
- Antioxidants Improve Cardiac health -Curcumin is a valuable and powerful antioxidant that inhibits the oxidation of LDL Cholesterol, thereby MAY prevent the deposit of cholesterol on the walls of the blood vessels of the heart.
- Anti-bacterial - Properties of curcumin MAY aid in the prevention and treatment of some digestive ailments. Research has shown that the presence of curcumin in turmeric reduces pain associated with IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome). Because of its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, it is SAID to be good for the gut.
- May Help in Cancer Prevention - Curcumin, at the core of turmeric, has been proven to prevent and treat, cancer in animal studies. It is said to help chemotherapy patients. The combination of our tea recipe with black pepper, ginger, and cinnamon helps in the better absorption of curcumin. The piperine in black pepper and gingerols in ginger increases the bioavailability (absorption of curcumin) by a few thousand percentage points.
- Maybe an Immunity booster -Curcumin has been proven to improve immune function and our combination of Turmeric with Ginger, Black pepper, and cinnamon gives you a potent tea
- May help your Skin - Turmeric makes a great anti-acne and face wash. (anti-inflammatory) It is believed to reduce the growth of unwanted facial hair. With their antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, turmeric and green tea are known for their efficacy in treating a variety of skin conditions, including acne, eczema, photo-aging, and psoriasis.
Turmeric Green Tea Ingredients: Turmeric, Green tea, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and holy basil (Tulsi).
Method / Process of making Turmeric Green Tea
You will need
- 1 clean glass or cup
- A teaspoon
- Loose-leaf tea
- 150 ml hot water @80degrees
- Add one teaspoon loose leaves to a clean cup or glass
- Pour 150ml hot water @ 80 degrees into the cup containing the tea leaves
- Brew for 4-5 minutes, strain, and serve. (or 2-3 minutes if you like to have light tea)
- Add honey to your taste and your tea is ready to DRINK.
- You can also use a tea steeper and in that case, you don't need to use a strainer or get up again. You simply lift the steeper out and put it, on its stand, sit back, sip and relax.
- Keep the contents in the steeper or strainer for another 1-2 uses. The second cup of tea should be brewed for longer than the first. The third cup of tea with the same leaves will be milder in both aspects.
Note Each trial pack of 100 gm and will give you at least 150 cups of valuable Turmeric Green tea. The benefits of buying this low priced Ayurveda tea outweigh the low price.
A word of Caution
Any tea that is taken more than 2- 3 cups is likely to be harmful to you. Drinking more than 4 cups of Turmeric Green Tea per day can cause side effects due to the caffeine ( extremely low) present and can range anywhere from headaches, vomiting, diarrhea to heartburn. Too much tea can also lead to high blood pressure due to caffeine.
How to store Turmeric Green Tea
The more oxidized the tea is, the longer its shelf time or storage time. Due to some spices present in this tea, the shelf life is 12 months for the best results.
Store your Turmeric Green tea in a cold and dark place away from items like spices and coffee that could leach their flavors in the tea. It is also a good idea to store your tea in an opaque and airtight jar.
Disclaimer ***As with all Ayurvedic products we recommend you consult your health care specialist and pregnant women should strictly avoid this product***