Organic Green Tea
Net Weight: 100g
We bring to you Organic Green tea from a family-run single estate in Assam. Traditional and orthodox hand-rolling practices are used. Assam and Darjeeling organic green teas are considered to be the best because of the high altitude plantations. The organic growth and freshness that the tea estate has summed up are of rounded health. Being an organic product it is safe from GMOs and other harmful pesticides.
Organic Green tea naturally contains the highest amount of flavonoids - a group of plant-based chemicals that have been scientifically proven to reduce coronary inflammation. How you choose to brew your tea - and the kind of tea you have chosen to brew - can play role in its final antioxidant count.
Our Organic Green tea is gluten-free with medium caffeine. Our Organic Green tea is mild and smooth in taste. Since pure organic teas are seasonally harvested, we have limited stocks, mostly pre-ordered.
Benefits of Organic Green Tea that May help:
- A higher concentration of antioxidants: called polyphenols than those present in black or oolong tea leaves, because organic green tea leaves are steamed.
- May Balance Cholesterol levels: according to Harvard Health and some other research has shown that the antioxidants in green tea help block ‘bad’ cholesterol (LDL) and increase ‘good’(HDL) cholesterol, which improves artery function and stave off heart disease.
- May Reduce inflammation. Organic Green tea contains antioxidants called catechins, which may calm your body's immune system by stimulating and accelerating the anti-inflammatory responses according to a study published in Bio Med Research International.
- Tea Drinkers May Live Longer: A study of 100,000 people who had no history of heart attack, stroke, or cancer participated via questionnaires. The sample was distributed over 15 provinces in China in 1998. The result: those who maintained a consistent habit of drinking tea, especially green tea had a much lower risk of heart disease associated with plaque build-up, and a lesser risk of death. The European study boiled down to: Drinking tea at least three times a week meant healthy aging.
- Green Tea May Assist in Weight-loss: Some small studies have resulted in conclusions that drinking green tea or consuming green tea extracts helps maintain/regulate body weight. This is possible because green tea contains caffeine and catechins which may help improve our body’s fat oxidation process.
- Antioxidants May Protect against Certain types of cancer: Several clinical studies have shown that both black tea and green tea may protect against cancer but not necessarily prevent cancer. A study at Mary Land University Medical Centre on cancer included in its green tea overview, “researchers also believe that polyphenols help kill cancerous cells and stop their progression.” Green tea has the highest impact on cancers of the bladder, breast, prostate, and skin according to research. Studies on other forms of cancer and the impact of drinking green tea have come up with conflicting results.
Ingredients: Organic Green Tea
Method/ Process for Preparation of Organic Green tea
You will need
- A clean cup or a glass
- A teaspoon
- Water at 75-80 degrees
- Loose-leaf Organic Green Tea
- Honey (optional)
- Put one teaspoon of green tea leaves in the cup
- Pour hot water slowly over the leaves (not the water first)
- Steep and cover for 1-2 minutes
- Strain and serve, keeping the strained leaves for re-brewing
- 2-3 times (each time steep for a little longer).
A word of Caution:
Any tea taken more than 3 cups is likely to be harmful to you. Drinking more than 4 cups of Organic Green Tea per day can cause side effects due to the caffeine ( low) present and can range anywhere from headaches, vomiting, diarrhea to heartburn. Too much tea can also lead to high blood pressure due to caffeine.
How to store Organic Green Tea
The more oxidized the tea is, the longer its shelf time or storage time. Having said that Green tea is an exception. Green tea can be stored up to 12 months for best results
Store your Organic Green tea in a cold and dark place away from items like spices and coffee that could leach their flavors in the tea. It is also a good idea to store your tea in an opaque and airtight jar.
Disclaimer ***As with all Ayurvedic products we recommend you consult your Physician or specialist***