Midori Matcha - Premium Grade, Organic matcha.
100% Pure Organic matcha
Net Weights: 30gm/ 50 gm / 100gm
Our Premium grade Midori matcha latte is, suitable for use in beverages and dessert recipes with medium caffeine. The matcha is from the UJI region of Japan and boasts a vibrant green color, mellow umami notes (ambrosial sweet-savory), and the robust intensity required to shine through other complementary ingredients. It is perfect for all kinds of drinks and dessert recipes ranging from matcha lattes, cappuccinos, fresh and raw desserts, and pastries.
The Uji region has unique agro-climatic conditions: the soil, the climate, the altitude, the humidity, and the amount of rainfall, all of which contribute to the distinctive aroma and flavor profile of matcha that cannot be replicated anywhere else in the world. The matcha has refreshing green ‘ooika’ aromas and deep pine-green color.
Midori matcha boasts deeply rich notes of shade-grown green tea, a captivating fragrance, and the intensity required to ‘cut’ through other complementary ingredients. Midori matcha powder is superb for milk beverages and is ideal for use in drinks and dessert recipes such as matcha lattes, smoothies, desserts, snacks, chocolate, and other creations.
Midori Matcha Benefits
Recent research confirms that matcha is full of natural antioxidants, L-theanine (amino acids), vitamins, and flavonoids, all of which are associated with a myriad of health benefits. But it's not what matcha contains, it's also about the way potent matcha tea is prepared.
Most other types of tea, loose tea leaves, or tea bags are steeped in water and finally thrown away. On the other hand, Midori matcha is prepared by whisking the matcha powder, into the water, and so all its nutrients are ingested and nothing is thrown away. The non-soluble vitamins A and E and beta-carotene are also consumed, enhancing the wellness potential of matcha.
The benefits and joys of drinking Matcha have been confirmed by a wide variety of studies and they are innumerable, offering a healthier and more balanced lifestyle.
- Midori Matcha May Boosts your Immune System- special antioxidants in matcha are ‘catechins’ and these are extremely useful in effecting infections and sickness microbodies that are antiviral and antibacterial in nature. Matcha contains the ability to reduce oxidative stress in our bodies. The catechins are a special kind of flavonoids and anti-oxidant in matcha are 137 x, and 10 times nutritional benefits than that in a cup of green tea.
- Midori Matcha May Improves your Heart- catechins in matcha help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol and thereby, attack atherosclerosis. Matcha helps to thin your blood and keep the blood flowing well and reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Midori Matcha May Promote Healthy weight- An American research study found that people taking green tea extract burnt a significantly higher number of calories than those taking coffee or no such drink. It has been established that components in matcha can increase thermogenesis ( the rate at which your body generates heat) by over 40% without any of the negative side effects that are usually present in other fact oxidizing agents.
- Midori Matcha May Reduce Your Stress and anxiety- L=theanine ( amino acids) found in plenty in matcha, contains dopamine and tryptophan have the ability to reduce your stress and anxiety and at the same time give you an unparalleled ‘calm alertness’ which cannot be achieved with coffee. The ‘lull’ effect of coffee cannot give you the same focus and productivity. It is this relaxed alertness that draws Buddhist monks and Samurai warriors to matcha and supports concentration during meditation and in the arena.
- Midori Matcha May Rejuvenate your skin - matcha is also famous for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidants. The EGCG one of the most effective catechins found in matcha can decrease the effects of sunburn and reduces the metabolic changes in your skin that lead to aging and wrinkles. The latest cutting edge research has found: The brewable green teas were found to have between 25 to 86 milligrams of EGCG per serving while the most potent matcha products provided anywhere from 17 milligrams to 109 milligrams. That is to say, matcha tea contains 2-3 times more EGCG components.
Source: Twitter Sipology by Steeped Tea on Twitter. " Not only does our Matcha line....".
About Midori Matcha
- PRECISE CULTIVATION - First Harvest Midori matcha is a superior experience matcha green tea powder for lattes. Midori matcha is stone-ground from tea leaves that have undergone intense preparation and care. Each leaf is shaded for at least 4 weeks before hand-picking. Consistent cultivation techniques allow tea-leaves to focus energy at the top of the plant to produce wider, thinner, more delicious (and inotropic) Midori matcha. First Harvest contains high levels of neuro-stimulating compounds and antioxidants (such as EGCG).
- PURITY - 100% Pure Japanese Stone-ground Midori Matcha green tea powder. All Natural, No Sugar, and No Preservatives. Midori Matcha tea leaves are shade-grown for at least 4 weeks, handpicked during the first harvest, and are stone-ground into an ultra-fine powder. One serving of Midori matcha contains 40-70 mg of caffeine.
- ORIGIN - Authentic Japanese Midori Matcha. Matcha is harvested from an exclusive, award-winning Matcha tea-farm, in Uji, Japan.
- POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANTS - Midori Matcha is a Great Source of Antioxidants & Amino Acids Including EGCG & inotropic L-Theanine. Full of Antioxidants and Polyphenols. Midori matcha will boost your metabolism with rejuvenating amino acids and a steady kick of caffeine unlike intermittent kicks of coffee. Midori matcha gives your body energized alertness for 4-6 hours. Clean energy to avoid that midday coffee crash.
Method/ Process for Making - MIDORI MATCHA
You will need
- A bowl
- A Chashtsu or teaspoon
- A sieve
- 180ml water/ dairy milk /Non-dairy milk ideally
- A whisk/Chasen
- 1-2 Tablespoons of water at 70-75 degrees Celsius
1.Sift and add 2 scoops/ ½ teaspoons ( 1gm) of Midori matcha into a bowl
2.Wet the bowl with a little water ( 1 Tablespoon? 0.5 fl. oz). Use 70-75degrees Celsius/160-degree fht. Filtered water or spring water
3. Massage into a smooth paste by applying gentle pressure to break up clumps
4. Add 50 ml /1.7 fl. oz of remaining water ( if you wish to make a matcha espresso shot; otherwise go to Step 5.
5. Pour steamed or frothed milk to create a latte
6. Sip up and Zen down
NOTE: Getting late but must have it! If you are in a rush and prefer to use a blender to make things easier in the morning.
Storage: Store Midori matcha in a cool dry place, away from moisture, sunlight, and odors. Refrigerate after opening for maximum flavor and potency.
Disclaimer ***As with all Natural and Ayurveda products we recommend you consult your health care specialists***